I’ve finally finished the IR-Mouse Version of HID Wiimote!
With that driver you are able to control your mouse pointer by pointing your Wii Remote at your screen. You just need some kind of IR source with up to four points, but best is a Sensor Bar.
The input is slightly steadied but has therefore a small input delay. You can download the driver from the HID Wiimote page. If you are looking for the old DPad-Version you can find it here.
Additionally i made a small update to the Gamepad Version. I fixed a small issue, so the input state is reset when the connection to the controller is lost. You can get the update from the project site as well.
Next i am going to work on the XUSB communication, so i can create a XUSB/XInput Driver for the Wii U Pro Controller.
Yay, Update for HID Wiimote! The Nunchuck and Classic Controller (Pro) Extensions are now supported. In Addition to that the Wii U Pro Controller is supported as well.
I’ve added a lot of Buttons and some more Axis as well as a Hat Switch to the Properties Dialog. The Button Mapping switches dynamically when an Extension is plugged in.
With my Wii Remote the Extension is sometimes not correctly detected. In that case you have to remove the Extension and plug it in again until it works (Sometimes take up to 10 tries; but maybe my Wiimote has just a loose contact and there is normally no such problem).
My next task is creating an IR-Mouse driver as many have requested. I’ve already made quite good progress on that.
I would be very happy when you spread the news and this Blog entry or the HID Wiimote Project Page is shared on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and all other sites.
Last but not least, i am streaming my coding sessions on Livecoding.tv and Twitch.tv. So feel free to join my streams and ask questions. My regular streaming schedule is every Monday starting at 08:00 PM (Berlin/UTC+1).
It has been a while since the last update, but i didn’t had a lot of time in the last couple of months. Due to that this is just a minor update. I looked into the problem with the certificates and the driver signing. Unfortunately i wasn’t able to remove or avoid the necessary driver signature verification deactivation on 64bit systems. But at least i got Windows into loading my driver over the default one, so changing the driver each time should be gone now.
Additionally someone requested to have a driver to use the Wii Remote as mouse. I’ve made a special build, so the Wii Remote is recognized as mouse. You can move the mouse with the DPad, left and right click is on 1 and 2 and the middle mouse button is mapped to B. In the future i’m going to work on another build to control the mouse with the IR sensor, but this will take some additional time.
Last but not least someone other requested also to have Vista builds. So from now on i will provide Vista builds as well.
Today i borrowed a Wii Remote with Plus inside, one of the newer ones (RVL-CNT-01-TR) with the Sync Button on the battery cover. My hearings were true, they have a different hardware ID, but that was just a minor problem and fixed with one line in the INF-file. The bigger problem was, that they differ a little bit in behavior. So in the end you can’t connect the new Wii Remotes by pressing the 1 and 2 buttons, instead you have to use the Sync button each time. There were some additional trouble, but i fixed that as well.
Another new feature are a second X and Y axes for tilt. Currently tilt is only tracked by the accelerometer, so it’s a little bit inaccurate and you have to hold the Wii Remote still. The Motion Plus gyroskop is not supported yet, but that will be my next task. You might need to recalibrate the asxes via the gamecontroller properties dialog. The reason is, that all Wii Remotes are not well calibrated, so the middle, minima and maxiuma are a little bit shifted.
Hower, newest version can be downloaded here: HID Wiimote
Added support of the newer Wii Remotes (RVL-CNT-01-TR)
Added second X/Y axes representing tilt (Currently only tracked by the accelerometer)
In the past days i’ve worked a lot on the driver. Unfortunatly there were some problems with the last uploads. Now i’ve tested everything and it should work properly. If you still encounter any error, please let me know.